Saturday, December 3, 2011

Difficulty Paper

Trouble Reading??

Well to be completely honest initially I was hesitant to start the book just because of the time era it was written. When I did push myself to start reading, I found myself lost constantly. I had trouble comprehending their slang. So I found myself having to re read many sections. If that wasn’t enough the topic didn’t really interest me that much. However when I got the middle of the book I was intrigued  as to how Mac a character in the story is not well educated but understand the dynamics of organizing a successful strike. It was interesting to see how he used people for the cause. I do believe his heart was in the right place but to what cost? That’s really the only thing that drew my attention. Also compared to the UFC website the book doesn’t really go into detail as to the conditions were these workers lived. It would have been a little more interesting I think. I’m curious to find out if the strike is effective and if so how? For now that is what is getting me through the book, I’m just hoping for a happy ending. In addition I really don’t understand Jim or his character. Initially he rally has no directive and when he joins the party he doesn’t really have a voice. I can tell he looks up to Mac but I’m curious to find out how he transitions to a man with a cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment