Friday, December 16, 2011

Literature we studied this semester

What have I learned from the literature we studied this semester?
Trough out this semester I have enjoyed learning many important key terms that are important when you want to be a better writer and reader. Literature like Persepolis was something really new to me. However I really enjoyed the book overall. I learned lot from the Iranian culture and some of their history. I found it a bit hard to understand initially but I kept on reading and the discussions in class were also very informative. I’m glad I took the time to read it. The Glass Menagerie was also new and interesting literature to me. I enjoyed the activities in class with the play and I found it very interesting how people can interpret the one thing into many different ideas.  In Dubious Battle was a very sad but true story. At times I found the book boring and also hard to understand but I read and re read it. I found it had a meaningful cause and was actually not that bad. The discussions were also appreciated and I enjoyed hearing the different ways people interpret the book.   One very important thing I learned were the different types of critical thinking theories. We were introduced to 7 of them but the one I always found myself doing was the reader response.  This will help me better understand future literature and essays to come. I also want to take the time to thank all my classmates for great feedback and support when editing my essays.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    Glad to hear about all the things you liked in the class, good luck on your final paper.

    Sheila S

    ReplyDelete
  2. this class was interesting and i really enjoyed the various works we learned about. If i had to rate them id say that the Glass Menagerie was my favorite because of how well the character development was despite the play being short. I disliked In Dubious Battles mostly because i found it boring. so i agree with out on that lol. our class discussions really helped out though! its so hard to understand a book when you arent interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nancy for all of your efforts here! I enjoyed reading your blog posts and appreciate your engagement with the reading and thinking this semester! If I need a pair of sunglasses, I know where to go! Take care and I hope to see you around campus in the future!

    ReplyDelete